Decision of Cabinet of the Republic of Azerbaijan on establishment of Tariff (price) Board of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Regulations of Tariff (price) Board of the Republic of Azerbaijan
1. Tariff (price) Board of the Republic of Azerbaijan (hereinafter –Board) is body functioning upon public grounds, established to strengthen regulation of activity of natural monopoly subjects in the republic by state, create effective investment environment in the country, inspire development of production, lift competitiveness of new production good in domestic market, implement more purposefully and effectively the economic policy of the state by quick mechanism of tariff (price) and customs duties.
2. In its activity the Board is governed by Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Decrees and Orders of President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, orders and decisions of Cabinet of the Republic of Azerbaijan, international treaties of the Republic of Azerbaijan and this Regulations.
3. Main duties of the Board:
3.1. development of tariffs (prices) and duties concerning state regulation according to valid legislation and normative legal acts of the Republic of Azerbaijan from point of assurance of economic concerns of country and development of proposals on regulating their levels;
3.2. development of proposals for improvement of existing principles of regulating the tariffs (prices) of products (services) of energy resources impacting strongly the level of tariffs (prices) and duties in all fields of the republican economy and natural monopoly subjects;
3.3. development of proposals for improvement of legislation and normative legal base of tariffs (prices) and duties, strengthening state control on formation and application of tariffs (prices) and duties;
3.4. development of proposals to identify and change customs tariff and duty rates, on list of goods freed from VAT, non-tariff regulation, application of customs tariff discounts from point of assurance of economic concerns of country by protecting production from negative impact of foreign competition;
3.5. development of proposals to identify and change transit tariffs of transit cargos crossing the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
3.6. making decisions on realization of survey on damage caused or may be caused to the domestic production because of goods import and development of proposals on this issue.
4. Rights of the Board:
4.1. demand necessary documents and information on issues included in authorities of the Board from public governing bodies, institutions and organizations;
4.2. involve experts and advisors if required on issues considered by the Board.
5. Respective of necessity of issues discussed, reps of other public organizations, international financial organizations, local and foreign companies, public unions can be invited to the sessions of the Board.
6. Decisions, protocols adopted in the sessions of the Board are officialized, signed by chairman and members of the Board and submitted to Cabinet of the Republic of Azerbaijan to take actions.
7. Sessions of the Board are held not less than once a quarter, in case of necessity session can be held anytime. Extraordinary session of the Board can be held by initiative of chairman or members of the Board. Session of the Board can be held in presence of at least one third of its members. Decisions of the session of the Board are adopted by majority voting.
8. Secretariat of the Board functions affiliated to Economic Development Ministry. Secretariat establishes working groups of reps of respective organizations and economic subjects on fields publicly regulated and manages their activities.